Monday, June 6, 2011

Troy Hill Spray Park

I knew it was going to be a sunny, hot day today, so we planned for a fun keep-cool activity. I had to drop off some meals for two "new mom" friends. One was on Mt. Washington and the other on the North Side, so I had a brainstorm...why not meetup with some friends at the Troy Hill Spray Park? It turned out to be a great idea. The boys were troopers on our food delivery missions. Koen got to see the incline pass as we drove up to Mt. Washington and he enjoyed the view from up there. On our way home he said that he wanted "to live on top of that mountain someday, Mommy." I forget how amazing the view is from up there and it is a becoming little community too. If you are visiting us in the Burgh soon, expect a trip to the Incline. We are overdue to take Koen on another ride. =) You won't be sorry.

From there we drove through the city into the North Side where our friends live on the historic Mexican War Streets. This spot I don't think I've driven through in years. It's so picturesque. What an amazing little spot of history and architecture. So, our deliveries went pretty smoothly (I had one direction snaffoo, but I saved it before we wasted it too much time). The boys were due for some fun after that driving. So we pulled into the Troy Hill Spray Park to meet up with Deborah, Miles & Claire as well as Aunt Megan and Alex. It was the perfect refreshing treat on a hot day in the car. Koen was much more adventurous running through the sprinklers than I thought he would be and Tavin did well playing on the ground, crawling around gingerly on the cement and practising walking with my help. We had lunch there and then headed home. The boys have been asleep since we got through the naptime routine. I think they were tired after the sun and fun!Could Alex be any cuter! Oh my goodness, talk about things I shouldn't do if we are trying to get the idea of having a 3rd out of my head. Hanging out with Alex is one of them!Koen was all over the place. He played well with Miles and met some kind kids that let him use water balloons, which was a whole new experience for Koen. Oh yes, and what is a blog post without a picture of one or both of my boys eating. Here's Koen devouring his lunch. Tav hung out with beach toys for awhile when we first got there, but he also wanted in on the action, so he got quite mobile between walking around with me, being carried and then, well, this... and more of this...Oh, brothers. They are both so hilarious to me in their funny nuances. Tav is the trooper who hasn't figured out how to walk, Koen is the snuggle bug who calls out, "Teddy!" when I tell him we have to go. I guess he knew he was tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment