Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me

My boys took good care of me yesterday and I had a wonderful birthday. Thanks to all my friends and family for the cards, phone calls, emails, texts and facebook posts. I felt so loved!

Well, I started my day off at the pool for a swim. When I got back around 7am, I heard Koen's loud, excited voice in the kitchen. (I'm thinking to myself that starting mom duty an hour early did not sound like a good birthday gift!). Thankfully Doug had it under control though. He had gotten Koen out of his room early to make me chocolate muffins for breakfast. Then he coaxed Koen back to his room to play until "the 8" as usual. Ah, relief! By the way, we all enjoyed the chocolate muffins. Who wouldn't?Doug took Koen to camp (I've been walking both ways most days this week, so it was a nice break!) and Tavin and I stayed at the house to play and get a few things done. Doug headed to Shadyside to study, write and edit for his sermon this weekend, so we decided to meetup for lunch with him around noon since Tavin and I were walking to that area to pick up Koen from camp at 1pm anyways. We had a yummy shared lunch (all 3 of us) of tossed salad and brick oven pizza at Shady Grove. Perfect! It was fun to just be the 3 of us, but I missed my Koen in a way too. These boys are such a blast to share life with!Tavin was super cranky (he's been a little crab all week, I don't know if it's his molars, catchup after vacation or missing brother, but it's been tough!). He did perk up though when he got to sit next to Daddy in a booth. He just loves pretending he's all grown up and he is the biggest ham!After picking up a very happy Koen (he is loving camp everyday!), we walked home and the boys pretty much collapsed into naptime. Koen has been especially tired. Look at the picture of him passed out still after 5pm when Doug went to wake him up!After a naptime of working at my computer (not exactly a fun birthday afternoon), Doug got the boys up and took them out to run an errand. Koen had been asking all week to get me flowers for my birthday, so they headed to Trader Joe's to get the job done. Koen was thrilled to give them to me when he got back. He's such a sweet little love!After the boys had dinner and played, I laid Tavin down and then a babysitter came over to lay down Koen and Doug and I headed to Avenue B for dinner with Sean and Jen. It was a great night of adult conversation, gourmet, delicious food. Thanks, babe, for planning a really nice evening. I loved our date. Thanks for a great birthday all in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment