Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back In The Mommy Game

I got home this morning around 7:30am and so was home in plenty of time to get the boys up after 8am. First I got Koen up (Tav has been sleeping in lately and didn't make a peep until about 8:30am!). At first he looked like he was going to ask for Mr. Dave, but then he got all sweet and sensitive and said my name over and over and gave me several deep, meaningful hugs. Exactly what I was hoping for! Later in the day he did say that his time with Mr. Dave and Miss Kristen wasn't long enough though. =)

Tavin was also very sweet to greet this morning. He was sitting up in bed as usual when I opened the door. He had such a pleasant look on his face when he saw me. He looked a little confused, but very calm about seeing me. It was sweet though, after I gave him some water (he's so thirsty all the time lately!) , he just wanted me to pick him up and give him a good hug (and then of course he wanted to see what brother was up to).

I did end up getting my act together and getting to church for the 11am service (thanks again to a ride from Dave & Kristen!). Koen jumped into Doug's arms when we saw him there and gave him a great hug. Tavin wanted to go to Doug immediately and then didn't want to come back to me. He just loves, loves his daddy. It is so precious!

Today was like a normal Sunday. The boys were definitely tired from their fun weekend (despite the fact they slept awesome at night and for naps while we were away). They both took long 3 hour naps this afternoon which was perfect since I'm scrambling to pack us up for our next adventure...Stone Harbor with the whole Melder crew!

After nap I took the boys down to the playground. It is a beautiful day here. Cool breeze, hot sun, about mid-70's. Amazing! Tavin and Koen did their normal thing (as seen here)...Yep, I'm back. It was a great, relaxing time away, but I do love, love, love the daily grind with these little guys. It's tiring and there's not much time for me, but I don't care. This is exactly where I want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment