Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kidz Gig Day 3 (Kidz Gig Over Already!)

So, after my Day 1 post, I did indeed switch my role for the remaining two days. I was with Grades 2 through 5 instead. Koen did much better without me being involved in his class. He was able to fully engage and not whine and complain the whole time. It's hard knowing he does that because I'm there, but I'm glad we were able to honestly look on it and I could switch with another volunteer. My class of Grades 2 through 5 were so cute! I haven't worked with that age group in years and I had no idea how much they can take in, understand and converse about. It was great to see how much they understood and what they thought about everything. We had a great group. They all got along and were big on participation. It was really encouraging to me to look forward to when Koen gets to that age range. When he can focus, listen and reason!

At the end of Kidz Gig today there was a family picnic. Koen enjoyed climbing on the blow-up obstacle course.Tavin mostly just enjoyed practicing his walking and pushing the stroller of course.Koen tried to get up the nerve to do the big blow-up water slide, but he couldn't do it. I felt bad. If I had been in a suit, I'm sure I could've done it with him. Oh well. Good note for next time.It was a great three days. Early mornings for us to be out of the house, but totally worth it. Thanks to all the staff, volunteers and kids that made it the great three days it was. Gotta say I'm pretty psyched to have a laid back with my boys tomorrow though!

No comments:

Post a Comment