Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Time With Tavin

Tavin and I have really been enjoying our quieter mornings together. We absolutely love big brother and all his creative, loud and interesting conversation, but it's a nice break to just chat and hang out the two of us. I cherish these times. Koen and I got 2 years and 9 months just for us to develop our mom-son relationship. These are special times for Tavin and I took work on ours.

We walked Koen to "camp" this morning. We had perfect timing because we saw a train and several buses on the busway this AM. The boys loved it!

After walking Koen. Tavin and I walked home and just simply hung out (well, ok, I squeezed in some simple cleaning too). Tavin was supposed to be playing in his drawer full of plastic sippy cups, bowls, etc. But he actually got into my drawer and Koen's craft drawer. Look what I found when I turned around...
He had put on Koen's bracelet and my sunglasses. He was so, so proud of himself!!

Around 11am we headed to Osceola to meet our friends for playgroup. I felt like I was cheating on Koen going without him, but it did allow me to just keep my eyes on one child instead of two which meant a little more socialization with my mommy friends. Tavin mostly just wanted to push the stroller around. He did spend a little time in the swing (which he thinks is so funny!) and then he sat on a bench with his buddies for lunch. First there were two and then there were three!
Aren't they adorable! It was really funny though because they were all looking at each other's food wanting what the other had. We moms were discussing that next time we should coordinate what we bring so there will be no jealousy. =)

Tavin and I left plenty of time to walk back and get Koen. It's super humid here and very sunny, so I've been trying to pace myself with these walks to drop off and pick up Koen because otherwise I arrive looking like a drowned rat (and that's drowned in sweat...ech!). Koen was super happy to see us, but also didn't really want to leave. He is just loving this experience and I'm so excited about it. Very confirming that we are putting him in 3 day preschool next year and then it helps me think about what type of Kindergarten he might be able to handle. Not to mention it's exciting to see his maturity in being brave and independent.

Not much else to mention. The boys are so dead tired each day this week at naptime. I think they are still catching up from vacation and we've been quite active since coming home as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment