Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tavin's 15 Month Appointment

After dropping Koen off for nursery school this morning Tavin and I headed a few blocks over to our pediatrician's office for his 15 month appointment. He was so cute in the waiting room. He just sat in a chair like a big boy and waited patiently until we were called in. He was very easy-going during the appointment as well. The 2nd child thing always amazes me. Koen was never this calm in a doctor's appointment until he was about two I think! Tavin weighed in at 21 lbs., 15 oz. That's the 15th percentile still (with all this kid eats I was thinking maybe he had bumped up to average, but nope!). For height, he's slowed a little and is right at the 50th percentile with a measurement of 31 and 1/4 inches. Koen was about a pound heavier and exactly an inch longer at 15 months. Probably the most interesting thing about the appointment was that I again brought up Tavin's skin-only reaction to milk/dairy products to the doctor and he said that I could go ahead and give him milk to drink. I've been concerned that Tav doesn't get enough calories or calcium and Vitamin D because he does not like the milk alternatives I've tried. I was relieved that he thought the skin rash reaction (he said it probably isn't even an actual allergy) would go away and it is not harmful to Tavin to give him milk now. He just said to try and keep it neat so that poor Tavin doesn't break out to badly (I don't think he's seen how Tavin shoves food into his face, keeping it neat will be a challenge!).

I prayed as usual with Tavin before laying him down for his afternoon nap and I was just thanking God for this strong, healthy little guy. Health is such a blessing that can so easily be taken for granted. We are so blessed that Tavin is doing so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment