Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Morning With Alex

Today we have the pleasure of watching Baby Alex! He arrived before the boys woke up this morning. He doesn't exactly look confident about spending the day with Uncle Doug & Aunt Amy and our boys...
Before we got the boys, Uncle Doug got cozy with the little guy (although before I passed him over he totally snuggled into my shoulder, so sweet!).
Alex was due for his first nap around the time we were supposed to get our boys up, so we let him greet them before taking a rest. We got Koen up first and he was so excited to see Alex. He started by rubbing his back. Then he was happy to have Alex read with he and Doug while I got Tavin up.
Tavin wasn't quite as impressed with having another baby around. Check out his look, "what are you doing here?" The timing worked out well that Alex went down for his nap and we headed down to the kitchen for breakfast. Thankfully, Tavin seems to have bounced back quite a bit today. He took his medicine much easier this morning (still not loving it though). Unlike yesterday, he was ready to play after finishing his breakfast. He seems to be saying, "watch out Mommy, I'm back!"
After Alex's nap, Koen and Doug headed out to run an errand and go to a little storytime at the Squirrel Hill library. That left me with the two babies! Fun?!?! It actually worked out really well. Tavin was hilarious. I had Alex in my lap and he was just giving Alex (quite enthusiastically) all his toys. Here's a video where I tried to capture it.

Tavin and Alex actually really engaged with each other. So funny to see little babies socializing!
Next we headed to some fun in Tav's room. I had Alex laying on the bed watching the fan. Tavin was jealous and he wanted to get on the bed. I put him off for awhile, but I eventually gave in (with much supervision though!). It was so cute. Enjoy the display below...
It looks as if Tav's saying, "can you move him over there?" He was really asking for his blanket though.
Tavin enjoyed reading to Alex. Alex seemed to like it.
Tavin wasn't happy with the distractions that Alex was making, so he turned around to say, "hey, I'm reading here, pay attention!"
Soon after their cuddle time on the bed, Tavin headed to his nap. Then about 20 minutes later it was time for Alex to nap. So, that's all for now. If I have a chance to take pics of our last few hours with Alex before his mom comes back to get him, you must see an update later too. He's just so cute. I can't help but capture his cute expressions as the boys interact with him.

1 comment:

  1. They ARE adorable together. They seem so far apart in age, but really, they are so close. Soon enough Alex will be able to keep up with Tavin...

    ReplyDelete