Thursday, March 10, 2011

My First Jewelry Designed By Koen!

Koen has made a lot of crafts and projects since being in nursery school. I dutifully display what will fit on the fridge each week (and then due to my disdain for pack-ratting, I do throw it away). Certain projects have caught my eye, but most everything is quite easy to eventually trash and replace with the latest creation from nursery school. (By the way, I do plan on saving special items and then once he goes on to real school, I have a plan to take pictures of all his creations and keep them in photo books, so don't worry, I'm not that cold to just trash all this beautiful artwork).

Anyways, today was a real winner. Koen made me a bracelet! I didn't know that I would be so excited, but I love it. On the way out of school he said, "I wanted to make a necklace for you and for me, but I ended up just making you a bracelet." I bet he got a little overwhelmed with the detail of the project. When we got home he wanted to show it to me right away as well as about 4 poster sized papers covered in glitter (did I mention I cleaned the floors this morning while he was away? Well, the glitter undid a little of that!). I put the bracelet on and haven't taken it off since. It's so cute. I'm so proud of it. I think I'll wear it to small group tonight to show it off to my friends. He'll love that!

3 comments:

  1. I love these special little presents. I too, hating the "pack rat" thing throw a lot of crafts away. But last year, I got each kid a special "craft" container (just a plastic box with a lid) that we put only the most special or best projects they create. It's great because the kids know their favorites are in there but I don't have to keep those things displayed constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Kell. Thanks!

    -Am

    ReplyDelete