Monday, September 13, 2010

Southwest Spokesbaby!

Tavin and I have arrived safely in Pittsburgh. Tavin follows in Koen's footsteps and is a fabulous traveler. He was amazing on the 11 and 1/2 hour drive home last week and then today he was the talk of both our flights to get us home. The Southwest crew doted on us on both flights due to Tavin's smiles and calm demeanor. Tavin even made friends with the women flying behind us by peeking through the seats.

Before we took off on the first flight, Tavin sat in his own seat thumbing through the safety booklet familiarizing himself with all the precautions.
He napped most of the actual flight, which was great. So precious to get to snuggle him while he slept. He's such a good sleeper, I don't get that as a special treat ever at home (except for the pneumonia episode), so it was sweet to just cuddle him and rest together.

On the second flight, it was his dinnertime so he spent most of the time in his own seat with a seat belt on eating (a lot!).
He did so well making it through the second flight as it neared bedtime and then all the way home happily cooing until he fell asleep the last 10 mins. He had a quick and happy bath, then straight to bed with no peeps. Tired little bug!

We miss you Mom, Dad & Ab. But I have to say, I didn't even realize how much i missed Koen. I knew I missed him, but I didn't realize how very much. Koen and Doug pulled up tonight (Doug had to officiate a funeral tonight and Koen went to his good friend Lisa's house during that) after I had gotten Tavin in bed. I was waiting on the front porch for them. Koen softly said out his rolled-down window, "Hi Mommy." Then I walked down to the car and he was tossing his head back forth gently, subtly laughing and his eyes were welled up with tears, I totally lost it and cried a little myself while holding his face in my hands kissing him. Such a precious moment to express how much we love each other, such an honest expression when he couldn't even help himself but cry amidst his happiness to see me. I guess that was a little ode to myself, but I was just trying to get across the sweet moment I enjoyed with my little boy (by the way, he looks so old to me!).
I look forward to a low-key week getting the boys and the household back on track in the norm. Great job, Douglas, all week long! Special thank you's to Deborah, Hilary & Alex, Nana and Lisa for the added help throughout the week. We are so grateful for our family-like network of friends here in the Burgh (and that Nana is not too far away to call in times of need!).

1 comment:

  1. He really looks like he's beginning to turn into the person that we will continue to grow and love as Tavin! I hope I get to see him (and the rest of you) this weekend!

    ReplyDelete