Thursday, September 9, 2010

Orchard Day Everywhere!

So, today Doug has Koen all day and then had planned to go to the orchard together out near Pittsburgh. Meanwhile, unknowingly we here in NH had planned to go to the orchard near Concord today as well. So, both my boys end up having parallel orchard experiences, just not with each other. Odd!

I asked Doug to forward me pictures from their outing and here they are. I haven't heard the report yet on how it all went, but it looks like they had a fun time and looks like it was a gorgeous Fall day in the Burgh (either that or Koen must have been really warm in those layers!).
Koen looks grown up and totally like a Melder boy (as opposed to usually people think he looks like my side of the family, but here, I totally see Doug!).

Looking for gold! At Soergel's in Wexford, PA they have a great area for kids to play and experience the farm.
I'm guessing this really isn't allowed...oh, Daddy! Koen must have loved it! Now, how am I going to get away with telling him he can't get on the utility tractors at the park!

So sweet eating his apple in the grass among the orchard trees. I miss him!

More vehicles. This must have been a big hit with Koen. Doug is so good at making special use of Daddy Day.
Koen always enjoys petting zoos. Very kind and brave with the animals.
Doug didn't stop with just a great day at the orchard, he also got Koen ice cream once they were back in the city. Unbelievable! How can I compete with this? =)

We went to a lovely apple orchard/farm in Concord with a fabulous view of surrounding woods, countryside and mountains. The air was crisp and cool and being amongst the apple trees it really felt like Fall.




Tavin did really well. He especially loved holding onto a plastic apple bag which he waved around the whole time to make quite a bit of noise to entertain himself.

Tavin was all happy with his bag we didn't even realize he couldn't see anything! Poor little trooper! The next picture we fixed it.
Still looks a little grumpy, but really he was so excited about the bag!

Abbie took some pictures of Tavin and I before leaving (the poor thing finally got to get out of the BabyBjorn!). Tavin was hilarious during the "photo shoot." The best picture was taken as he happily popped his sock off and put it right in his mouth. So cute!



We all had an apple on the way home and Tavin helped me eat mine (he was so curious, I couldn't resist letting him have some). Check out the video...

1 comment:

  1. Love love love. Your mom and I had a nice outing to that place once!

    ReplyDelete