Thursday, September 23, 2010

First Day of Nursery School!

I was a teary mess for a little while last night. Sad that Koen is growing up so fast, feelings of guilt for sending him off two mornings a week, fear that he would struggle with saying goodbye and it would feel like we are just torturing him, etc. Well, I got the crying out of my system, talked it out with Doug and thankfully slept fine.

Koen slept in this morning, which was a blessing because I wanted him to be really rested for school today. I got him up around 8:15am after I had heard him talking for a few minutes. In those few wakeful minutes he was quite busy. He had taken his pajamas off and was working on getting into the outfit I had laid out for him for school.

He was very cooperative with the fast routine of getting clothes on, using the bathroom, having some breakfast (I made him his favorite, whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes) and then even brushing his teeth. Then we went out to the front porch to take some pictures. Doug then walked quickly off with him in the carriage. There were no tears as I said goodbye and gave him some quick reminders about what he can expect today (listen & obey the teachers, don't forget to tell them if you have to go to the bathroom, etc.).
Doug called me after the drop-off. Koen walked right in and got the toy he didn't want to leave the other day (see below how comfortable he was right away!). Then he turned around and said, "Ok, Daddy, you can leave now!" I am just so thrilled that it was a positive drop-off. I can't wait to see how the whole morning went when I get him in a few hours! More blogging to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment