Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another Weird Morning

Koen had an odd night of needing to go the bathroom. I think it is just novel to him right now or something that he can get out of bed to go to the bathroom. It is obvious that he can go for 12 hrs. plus because he's done it before, but I think if he sleeps lightly and wakes up and needs to go, he wants to go, plus, it's fun to see Mommy early! Hopefully this novelty wears off and in the meantime, I'm enjoying that it isn't a daily occurrence as of yet.

This morning he woke up at 6am and I took him to the bathroom and then told him to go back to sleep. He didn't, but he stayed happy and quiet resting in his bed until about 7am. After he whined for us for awhile, Doug went up and turned his light on and let him play in there until I could go up after feeding Tavin. He did pretty well in that time alone, but I definitely heard some crashing around.
A little background for the next part, Koen likes to sleep with some books along the side of his bed. He is not allowed to put them on the side of his bed that opens to the floor though as they fall off in the night if he kicks them and crash and sometimes wake him up and starts this whole cycle. Anyways, I caught him with them on the wrong side the other morning or afternoon after nap and told him if he did it again that I would have to take all the books out of his room.

So, this morning, I came up to the 3rd floor and outside his room I see this...
He had pushed all his library books out of his room under the door. When I opened his door he says, "I didn't listen and obey Mommy, because I put the books over here like you told me not to, so I had to get all the books out of my room." Wow, self-discipline...nice! =) So, today before his nap, being the gracious Mommy that I can sometimes be, I was putting the piled up books he had shoved out back in his room and on his shelf. Koen comes in and says, "no Mommy, I can't have the books in here, I didn't listen and obey." Ok, that's that I guess! I figured before he laid down he would fight himself on this, but he did not. I couldn't believe it. So hilarious!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! Have been enjoying your posts...you are so good at writing descriptively!

    Regarding Koen's need for the bathroom, is he in a pullup? I can't even imagine not putting J in a pull-up as he wakes up soaking wet with an overnight pull-up on most nights. I am actually looking into hospital grade pads, because I can't keep changing his sheets every night. Poor boy yells for me "Mama! I had a leak!"

    So if Koes is pull-up free I need Jonathan to come over and take lessons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koen actually does go pull-up free most nights. He has been in underpants overnight for a few weeks and then after no accidents there was one night where he had a problem a few nights ago, so for safety's sake we have him in pull-ups just for a few nights until we make sure he's sure of it again. Koen used to wake up wet every day in his diaper too and then just one night I asked him if he wanted to do underpants and he said, yes. So, we tried it and he did it. I think not having the safety of diapers or pull-ups actually did it. It just clicked that now he had to hold it. We'll see though, we still have lots of accidents ahead I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete