Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bunk Bed Complete!

Last night the bunk bed was completed and Koen got to sleep in it. Today I got to finish getting it all made up to look nice (totally under-appreciated in a house full of boys though).

Koen loved his first night in his bed. He slept great. He was so proud this morning when he woke up. He really is growing into a little boy instead of a baby or toddler. Where does the time go?

This week Tavin and I are making a trip back to NH with my Dad. I think Doug might have a sleepover with Koen one morning now that there are two beds (I'm thinking in my head that maybe leaving the top bunk untouched would be nice since I just spent like 30 mins. getting it all tucked in perfectly). =)
PS - Koen's crib mattress is hiding under the bed because that is our new safety technique. At night or naptime, we slide it out and have it next to his bed in case he rolls off (the safety rail didn't fit on this bed frame). Seems to be working fine and maybe it will actually help him to learn to sleep safely on a bed earlier than previously thought. Also, we have to change the location of K-O-E-N behind the top bunk rails. Koen said, "Watch out, don't cover my K-O-E-N!"

No comments:

Post a Comment