Sunday, September 26, 2010

Backyard Beauties

We've had such a nice weekend. Yesterday we walked to Little Italy (Bloomfield) for the Little Italy Days and had a very Italian lunch. Yum! Koen was very experimental and had fresh-made ravioli stuffed with butternut squash in a butter sage sauce and also tried a risotto ball stuffed with fresh mozzarella. It was fun watching the festivities. I love the Italian heritage that is so strong in Pittsburgh, not to mention Italian is definitely my favorite kind of food!
The rest of yesterday was pretty low key which was good because it had been a fun-packed few days! I enjoyed going out all by myself during the afternoon naptimes to do errands and Doug stayed at the house. Then last night I got to go out to a friend's surprise birthday party after the boys were asleep while Doug stayed at home. I'm not normally able to get out like that so it was really fun and refreshing (although it would've been even more fun if Doug had been with me)!

Today Koen went into KidzChurch for the first time at our church. It is the equivalent of moving up from nursry to Sunday School. Big day! He did so well and really enjoyed it. Doug heard that he even raised his hand and answered a question. He loved the music and was trying to sing along and do the hand motions. We were so glad he finally moved on out of the nursery, now they can focus on the babies and not our busy little boy!

This afternoon after lunch I took the boys out to the backyard. It is cool and sunny and just perfect! I let Koen play "car wash" with his trucks. He called it a "wash down." I had fun taking shots of the boys and Koen for once was really into it, actually posing and smiling normally. I actually think I might get some of these printed. I also took a few shots of my roses that are still going strong. Probaby about 50 blossoms still!







No comments:

Post a Comment