Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Beautiful Day for the Park

Overnight it really cooled down (yesterday's high was near 90, today's is probably about 68). We met some good friends at the park to celebrate the long weekend and have some family fun. Koen's best buds Delia and Kaiser were there to run around with and Tavin and Huxley enjoyed some playtime together too. I loved the time with friends outdoors with the cool, Fall-like air. Perfect! Thanks for a great picnic dear friends!

This is the only long-sleeve outfit I had available for Tavin. After scrambling to find it for Tavin this morning I spent the first half of afternoon nap going through all of Koen's old things in the basement to come up with some more outfits as we head into Fall. I'm going to miss seeing Tavin's chubby thighs all day long!

Grampa was so great to have along, as usual. He is really enjoying Tavin's comfort level with him this trip after they got so used to one another in NH.

Grampa was a great sport with Koen, playing on the Super Playground at Highland Park. It is such a great playground, but definitely made for child-sizes. Grampa bumped his head several times playing with Koen. I was surprised Grampa didn't need a nap this afternoon, Koen certainly ran him around! Grampa also enjoyed getting to know Delia and Kaiser a little bit as they all played with/around each other throughout the picnic.

Look at how cute! Kaiser totally walked up to me smiling and saying, "Cheese!" So adorable!

Huxley did his best to show Tavin how fun it is to spend time on your tummy, but it didn't help. I put Tavin on his tummy this afternoon after we got home to "practice" a little and I ran out of the room to get something, but the time I got back (seconds later) he was sitting up again. I have no idea how he contorted himself to do that! Anyways, Huxley and Tavin had fun together on the blanket. Tavin took toys and dug through my diaper bag and Huxley helped Tavin pull his socks off. These boys are going to be buds!

Not much to say about this picture, I just think the two of them are so sweet and cute. Koen really cares about Delia. This week he asked if she would be at playgroup and I said, "no, not this week." Koen replied, "oh, but Mommy, she's my best."Picnic time with Daddy. Family time is such a blessing, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment