Thursday, September 23, 2010

First Day of Nursery School, continued...

I couldn't wait to pick up Koen. Tavin and I stayed busy playing and multi-tasking until about 10:10am and then Tavin took a quick nap. I got a few things done and then woke him up at about 11am to walk to get Koen. It is hot here again and I had Tavin in the BabyBjorn, so I tried to pace myself and not walk too fast, so I wouldn't arrive a disgusting sweaty mess. Walking slowly is tough for me though, so we got there in basically record time. Thankfully along the way there was quite a bit of shade and so we weren't too gross by the time we got there. Tavin was so cute on the way there, he actually dozed off again for a few minutes. Then I knew he was awake because he started talking about everything. So cute!

I felt like a real mom (sometimes it is hard to believe I am really grown up and am a mom, so experiences like this make it really convincing) walking in to get my son from school. Koen's teacher said he did a great job. He was even patient when I got there. They sing a song to let each child go as they come and get collected by their parents. Koen waited on his little carpet square until they sang his name. I was so impressed. And he didn't even shed a tear! He wasn't even in a rush to leave either, he was very excited about getting cups of water at the water fountain (figures that was the highlight!).

We then walked (now all in the stroller that Doug pushed Koen in this morning) to playgroup at the park, just to stop in and say hi to our friends there. Tavin hung out on a blanket with Addison and Koen enjoyed swinging. We left after about 20 mins. to get home in time to feed Tavin lunch and get Koen down for nap early (he went down at 1:35pm without a peep, he was exhausted!).

Well, Nursery School Day 1 officially accomplished!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that it went well - what a big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...so comments work on my home computer, just not my work (which is unfortunately where I often read your blog...)

    ReplyDelete