Saturday, September 4, 2010

Grampa's In Town!

And all I have to show for it is one video! Dad has been in town since Thursday night and he and Koen have been busy with adventures, but Dad has been taking his camera. As soon as I get those pictures, I will put them on the blog. There are some great ones!

My Dad retired this week (Congratulations, Daddy!) and so he had planned a celebratory trip to see his grandsons (and Doug and I too). This weekend the LST 325 (a navy WWII-era ship) is in port here in Pittsburgh. My Dad has a friend who works on the ship and he had invited Dad down to come and take Koen on a special tour. Dad didn't need much more excuse to plan a trip here in his first week of retirement!

Yesterday Koen and Dad went to the LST. Koen loved the adventure and Dad said his behavior was really impressive despite the heat and the need for a lot of patience around adult talk about the ship, etc. The pictures I post eventually will help explain their time together whenever I get those up.

They were both exhausted and both took 3 hour naps in the afternoon! Then Doug took them up to North Way Wexford for the finale of the Starlite Car Cruise. Another fun adventure for them. And again, more pictures to come!

Here is a video from last night. There is an Oldies DJ at the Car Cruise and Koen and Grampa enjoyed a little dancing amidst their fun there. Koen is being a ham in this. I think he thought Doug was just taking a picture for awhile so that is why his face looks so weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment