Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Truth

I struggled with the title of this blog post.  I started with "A Slap in the Face," and then I thought maybe, "The Hard Truth" or "The Honest Truth."  But I felt the first was too harsh and limiting and the others were just limiting.  See, I'm wrapping my head around The Word, the powerful, poignant and personal Word of God.  And this isn't because I just had some amazing, quiet time to focus on the Scriptures and my God.  No, it's because I had a really, really hard night with my 4 boys while my husband is 1000's of miles away.  And then, after totally losing it with my oldest, almost crying because I just wanted to pick up my tranquil infant and thank him for his sweetness and was depressed over my two middles who seemed happy to just be silly and naughty at every turn, there was The Word.  There was the 2 year old on my lap, the 5 year old at my side and the Children's Bible laid out on my lap.  And even in that simplified translation of the age-old stories, my heart was comforted, convicted and compelled.  The Lord spoke to me as I read about the disciples Jesus selected.  The normal, broken men he asked to walk with Him, to work with Him, just as He calls me to follow Him in my brokenness.  The Lord spoke to me as I read about the birds and the flowers He so beautifully covers and provides for and how much more He provides for me, one of His chosen ones.  And my heart was humbled (humiliated more like it), but also was filled with hope.  This is The Truth.  His Word can speak into the tough times, the frustrations and the joyful times, the wonderment too.  His Word is powerful, alive and can speak to me and you in every scenario.  His Word can turn a tough evening into a little epiphany that feels as if He came to say something about grace and provision and love just to me, just in that moment, because you know what?  He did.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Amy, and so appreciate your honest reflections. Praying for you just now. I'm told the Marines have a saying: "Things are never as bad as they seem." Keep trusting the Lord, be honest and direct with Koen as he is very intelligent and he needs to hear about your feelings ... you matter, too, and he needs to understand that. He will. If not, ship him to Pop-Pop for a week and I'll work on him! Much love and respect ... hang in there.

    ReplyDelete