Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Egg-cellent Day

Koen and Tavin are on Spring Break and today our playdate plans got cancelled, so it was a good opportunity to decorate Easter eggs.  This year I let Penn Rye join in the fun.  He loved it and was very attentive to the instructions and the process.  So cute!  Here's a picture of the line-up.  Penn's doing his cross-eyed at the camera thing.  Errrr!
In this picture I was trying to get him to smile and not do it and the boys totally noticed and were distracted by him completely not cooperating.  So much for the good picture of all 3 boys!
Koen and Tavin were all business with their egg-decorating.  Look at the concentration.
Tavin took it so seriously.  He was super careful.  
I boiled 36 eggs.  4 cracked in the process, so I figured I deserved an egg-decorating treat...egg salad!  Yum!  (On the heel of the bread of course since I'm a mom that hates to waste and the boys don't like the heels).
For the second year in a row, I decided to not let the vinegar/water colorful mixtures go to waste either.  I put baking soda in 9x13 pans and for about a half hour after Penn & Janse were in bed, Koen and Tavin were mad scientists watching the bubbly chemical reaction between the baking soda and vinegar.  Tavin even thanked me for the experience.



So, after all the fun for the boys, I got to have some fun myself.  Arranging the eggs.  And yes, I might have influenced the color palettes, but the boys definitely made all these eggs with using the colors I made as well as mixing different colors.  I just got really lucky that my slight influences ended up just the way I wanted it to turn out!  Not sure I'll ever be able to pull that off again!  Here are some gray/turquoise-ish eggs with bright orange eggs and then some yarn-wrapped eggs I made last year.

Then in the dining room, I have an assortment of shades of green and yellow eggs.  So pretty!!  My boys are Easter egg-making pros!!

Well, those were the egg highlights of our "egg-cellent" day!

No comments:

Post a Comment