Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday with Miss Brooke

This week I was hoping to finally take Jansen out to church, that is until I realized that Doug was preaching up in Wexford, so he would need the car all weekend.  Oh well, another week to stay away from germs.  I like the boys to go to church though if they can, so I asked our friend "Miss Brooke" if she could take Koen and Tavin.  She was happy to and even asked if she could keep them out for a fun afternoon afterwards.  Wow!!  Such a blessing for the boys to get out of this house and such a treat for me to have a quiet afternoon (which, mom, you would be so proud, I actually took a nap since Penn and Jansen both napped hard this afternoon).  So, I had a simple, fun morning with my Penn Rye and Jansen and even had a brief visit from a friend visiting from out of town who wanted to meet Jansen and then we had lunch and then our family naptime. =)  Meanwhile, Koen and Tavin went to the 11am service and then went to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History for lunch and dinosaur digging fun with Miss Brooke.

After they finished enjoying their favorite parts of the museum, they navigated their way through the basement hallways of the huge Carnegie building arriving eventually at the Carnegie Library for a Lego Build activity time in the Children's section.  
After the Lego play, the boys found some books to check out and enjoyed some reading time overlooking dinosaurs.  

Miss Brooke, thanks so much for giving the boys such a fun day out!  It was great for them and for me and I hope for you too.  They loved it and tonight at dinner both of them reported that part of their favorite part of the day included spending time with you.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment