Friday, March 6, 2015

Another Snow Day

Yesterday was another snow day.  I've just decided that we are never going to have a regular school week until Spring officially arrives.  It's just not in the cards this winter!  So, I guess it's time to embrace it already!  Doug had a load of work to do, so couldn't hang out at all, but he's had such a busy schedule these past two weeks we've really gotten into a groove just me and the boys and it works (it's exhausting, but it works).  After breakfast, Jansen went down for his first nap of the day (he takes 4) and I got the boys out for some much-needed shoveling for the sidewalk and fresh air for the boys.  They are quite the shoveling posse.  
And can we just take a moment to look at this puffy cuteness?  He was so happy to be out working hard with his brothers.
We headed back in after about 45 minutes because it was freezing (and it was almost time to feed Jansen again).  Jansen's wake time consisted of a sponge bath and most of the boys wanted to watch.  Fun times!  I would've put this off, but I had already put it off too many days and the poor baby deserved a bath!  Here are a few shots of the bathing beauty.




The next time Jansen napped we had a fun craft time (again, courtesy of KiwiCrate...thank you, Deborah!).  Koen and Tavin built a soccer game and we tried to involve Penn as much as possible.  He really liked the stickers. 
I'm so impressed with these KiwiCrate crafts.  They are age-appropriate and then fun to play with after they are assembled.  Days later this soccer game is still a big hit!

After lunch Koen got to go to a neighbor friend's house for a playdate.  That was a huge gift for him and for me.  Tavin and Penn spent their post-lunch/pre-nap time playing in the snow in the backyard.  They worked so well together and they were having a blast.  I felt bad I had to call them in for nap.
Tavin was overtired (whiny and wild all morning, particularly when Koen was around), so he took a nap to catch up.  That means that Penn, Tav and Jansen were all asleep at the same time and I had some quiet.  It was lovely.  In the evening, Doug was able to stop home for about an hour and a half and help out before heading out to a meeting.  So, the day ended up a bit easier, but I still did all the lay-downs, but they all went well and by 8pm it was all quiet again (and I was in bed by 9pm).  Got through another snow day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment