Sunday, March 22, 2015

Miss Megan Magee Weekend!

This weekend we were so blessed to have our friend, Miss Megan Magee, here to keep us company and lend a very helpful hand.  Praise God for good friends!  We had a great weekend thanks to the patient help from Megan.  

As I posted, Megan arrived on Friday evening just in time to take the boys to the Spring Production at Koen's school.  Then they had their ice cream date.  They didn't get home until a little after 9pm!  I got them into bed as fast as possible and then Megan and I enjoyed a few minutes of catching up before heading to bed.  Saturday morning the boys were up between 7 and 8am as usual and we had breakfast at 8am.  Megan was up shortly afterwards and jumped right into the mix.  We hung out at the house and then she took Koen and Tavin to the library at 10am when it opened and then they went on to swimming lessons at 11am.  So, it was just Penn, Jansen and I at home.  I was able to enjoy the more peaceful crew and also get a few things done, including giving Jansen a much-needed sponge bath.  The big boys returned at lunch time and then afterwards, Megan took them to a playground for a little while.  Here are the scooter buddies.  It was so great to get them outside!
After they got home, they watched a DVD together and since Penn and Jansen were napping well and Megan was there to keep an ear out, I got to take a walk to the store for some groceries all by myself!  It was amazing to get some fresh air, sunshine and time to myself!  Later after naps, I got the 3 older boys out again up to play at our neighbor's and we all enjoyed more outside time while Megan stayed at home snuggling with Jansen.  She took some great photos of her little buddy.

I managed to make a fun, yummy meal for us all earlier in the afternoon that Megan threw in the oven for me while we were outside playing, so when we got home we enjoyed a really nice family dinner altogether.  It was totally worth the effort. =)  Then after dinner it was the mad dash through clean-up, bathtime and bedtime.  And it was so helpful to have Megan around to help me pull it all off!  We had the boys all washed and down on time.  Jansen usually stays up a little after his 7pm feeding to burp and chill out.  Megan hung out with him during this time.  She's a big fan of my littlest!

Thankfully, Jansen cooperated well too and was down calmly by 8pm.  Phew, what a day!  Finally,  we ladies got to enjoy some friend time chatting until our bedtime (when I needed to feed Jansen again at 10pm).  A really full, but really good day.  Megan and I make a good team!!  On Sunday, we continued to tag team it and had a nice morning with the boys at home before heading to the 11am service.  Here are the boys all playing trains together under Megan's watch while I fed Jansen before we left.
We made it to church on time again (so proud!).  So glad we got out to church.  Such a nice morning with friends, in worship and in the Word.  We got home and raced through lunch and then on to naptime.  Megan was a huge help through this busy hour and she stayed on to hang out a bit in the afternoon and she just left a little while ago.  Thank you so much, Miss Megan Magee.  We all love you so much and I was so thankful to have your confident, caring help this weekend.  It made a huge difference in sustaining me through this long time with Doug gone.  Come back soon!  (I'll be sure to let you know next time I need back up!  Ha!).

No comments:

Post a Comment