Saturday, July 17, 2010

We Have a Piano!

Thanks to my sister's generosity and the help of friends and Doug's willingness, we finally have a piano in our home. I am thrilled!

Abbie bought a piano on Craigslist a few years ago and when she moved out of the area she gave it to us. We just had to move it here. So, with our intimidating front steps I looked into professional movers, but their prices are just ridiculous! We decided to ask our friends to help us with this tough job. Our friends totally rose to the challenge and were willing, helpful and even had fun doing it.
The piano looks great in the dining room and it was such a fun thing to show it to Koen the next morning after the move. He was so excited about it and asks to play it often throughout the day.


I grew up with a piano in the home, with music as an important aspect of our development and I am so appreciative of that. I really wanted to be able to create a similar environment in our home. Thank you to Aunt Abbie and Dave, Brett, Mark, Sky and Steve and of course, a big thanks to Douglas!

No comments:

Post a Comment