Sunday, July 11, 2010

Koen Is Off to PopPop Camp!

Doug put in a full day of work and then stopped at home at 7pm to pick up Koen and drive to Carlisle, PA to his parent's place. Doug's Dad has hosted "Grampa (or PopPop) Camp" for the last few years for the grandkids and this year, Koen is eligible to attend (with Doug's supervision). We have been talking it up with Koen the last few days and he was so excited to go tonight it was priceless. He does this thing where he clasps his hands together and breathes quickly in and out to express his excitement (with a huge smile on his face). It was so cute to see him all excited for this adventure with Daddy and this special time with PopPop, his cousins and Nana.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall for all that will go on. It should be interesting! Doug and Koen will be sleeping in the same room. I'm a little jealous. How fun to snuggle with Koen all night! Although, I'm dying to know how it really goes. They have probably only just arrived now and Koen should be quite exhausted. I hope Doug got something to eat. He only informed me at 9:30pm that he hadn't had any dinner! I thought to pack snacks for Koen, but totally forgot about my poor husband who had worked all day. Oops!

I'm putting off going to bed, getting things done on my computer. I miss my boys and Tavin has been asleep for 4 hours in his room. Maybe I'll crawl into bed with him tonight. No, I'm not that insane to mix up my luck like that. But, I definitely miss my guys. I'm sure they'll have fun! I hope they text often and hopefully send pictures so that I can post some here on the blog.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment