Sunday, July 4, 2010

Major Pet Peev...

No one is listening to me, so you, my reader, are the unfortunate one to have to catch this quick rant...

I can't stand it when people pull up to the convenience store across the street, blasting their ultra offensive, absolutely disgusting music for no reason. There was just a car here twice with the nasty words just pounding out of the speakers. The person was just hanging out in their car most of the time. Although it also annoys me when they leave the car running while they run inside (this happens daily as well).

I, of course, couldn't take it. Seriously, I was almost in tears the words were that jarring and repulsive. So, I called 9-1-1 to tattle. At least the situation is logged (another tick mark against this annoying convenience store that is often the bane of my existence). Of course, the car drove away (not to mention they did so by backing up into the intersection and then standing at idle diagonally in the intersection for about a minute just getting their things together or who knows what). No cops have come as of yet, but I will keep calling and one of these days someone will get a ticket or citation or maybe we'll be as lucky as catching someone who is inebriated or high while blasting this garbage (because I am sure many of these visitors are one or the other or both).

Thanks for listening, sorry this isn't exactly a "Happy 4th of July!" Hopefully later when the boys are up and playing in the backyard I will have happier thoughts to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment