Monday, July 26, 2010

The Debacle Continues

Well, Doug did get off to Nicaragua today and I just got a text from him that he has arrived in that country safe and sound (despite some scary runway turbulence).

While Doug has been traveling South, we've been having a rough day here. Poor Tavin is sick again. I noticed some odd behavior over the weekend, just not happy and easy going as usual. Today he was hot, hot, hot and I brought myself to take a rectal temperature. Poor baby has been 101.5 or higher all day, despite being on Tylenol most of the time.

With our trip coming up tomorrow, I took him to the doctor for fear that it could be something major or possibly an uncomfortable ear infection that would be horrible to fly with. We saw the pediatrician at 4pm, which meant that I had to wake both boys up from their deep afternoon naps (not good!). Tavin has ulcers on his throat. Apparently, there are some intense throat viruses running around this summer. Poor Tavin. It must hurt so bad! And now I have to pull him through a travel adventure tomorrow. He is a trooper though, so I am being super positive, while also setting my expectations low.

Well, stay tuned for an update hopefully tomorrow night on how we do. We appreciate your prayers as we embark. Koen was a volatile roller coaster today, so I'm praying he will be exceptional tomorrow. And since I have no control over that, I am focusing myself on just not letting misbehavior bother me...I will stay calm...I must!

No comments:

Post a Comment