Monday, July 12, 2010

My Sweet Day With Tavin

Tavin and I have missed Koen, but it has also been fun to experience a day to focus just on our relationship and what we want to do!

Tavin slept great through the night and into the morning until about 7:45-8am, which is his norm now (yay!). After he ate (and ate and ate, eating seems to take up most of his day now that he is eating lots of solids), we headed out with Tavin in the BabyBjorn to run an errand at the bank. When we got home, Tavin played in his exersaucer in the playroom while Mommy dusted...how fun!

Tavin took an awesome morning nap which he hasn't done in days, so that was great and unexpected. I got a lot of work done which was a plus. Once Tavin woke up and then ate and ate and ate again, we headed out in the carriage for the library. I had requested a bunch of books for Koen that were in and we also had some returns to take back. It was fun to just have a light infant in the single stroller instead of pushing Koen who is 30+ pounds in the double stroller! On the way home, I had to transfer Tavin into the BabyBjorn to keep him awake. He was a little monkey trying to grab the carriage handlebars with his feet/toes and his hands. If I thought he was falling asleep, all I had to do was tickle him on his legs or his armpits and he breaks out in huge smiles and sweet, contagious laughter...pure joy!

When we got back to the house, our neighbors were on their front porch. They are the sweetest couple, Ruth and Ceasar. They are in their 80's and are born and bred Pittsburgh. They are down to earth, speak their minds and are so kind to us and love our kids! It was fun to let them see Tavin for a little bit. He was all smiles for him of course. They think they are really bonding with him...precious!

Tavin took a 2 hour afternoon nap, which again surprised me, but I was more than happy for the downtime to get things done. When he woke up he ate his dinner (seriously, are you seeing a pattern here...all he does is eat and sleep it seems!). Then we went out for a walk again with Tavin in the BabyBjorn. I took him to Osceola Park so he could go on the baby swings. It was fun to do something just for him. Although, I have to say, a day with 3 walks in it honestly is a day with me in mind. I loved it!
I let Tavin take a super long bath sitting in the Bumbo which seems to be a new favorite for him (washing off the sweat, caked baby food and sunscreen is so refreshing!). Tavin was asleep by 7:05pm, hopefully for the next 12 and 1/2 to 13 hours. I always stay up later when Doug is away, so I've got to get to bed in case Tavin doesn't last that long. Goodnight!

Enjoy this video of Tavin...eating of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment