Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tavin's First Ear Infection

So, since this week has been filled of firsts, I figured the title was appropriate. Poor Tavin! He's been fighting the virus that Koen had a few weeks ago, since then with a yucky cough, but I think the fluid finally got to his ears two days ago and yesterday afternoon/evening it probably turned into an ear infection (see sad picture of him moaning until he fell asleep on me at dinner outside in the backyard last night).
And this morning, it was evident that he was battling something. So, we made an appointment at our doctor's office. They assigned us the PA which was totally fine, but we know the doctor we see there personally and I knew I would feel better if he would come by at least and see Tavin, so he ended up finding out we were coming in (thanks, Rachel and Jerry!) and he switched things around so we could see him personally! Thanks! I just love seeing someone I trust, so I know that I'm OK with them finding out there is nothing going on with his chest despite the ever-present cough for the last few weeks, etc. It was quite obvious that Tavin had an ear infection, so that was great to feel the co-pay and the trip to the doctor was totally worth it! Poor Tavin. I felt so horrible. I hadn't given him more Tylenol this morning because I wanted the doctor to be able to see what was wrong with him. Oops! His fever hit 104.9 by the time we got there. I felt so bad!

Anyways, we now have medicine (although he pretty much spits it all out, so hopefully we will get better with that tomorrow) and so hopefully things will be looking up.

This morning he was so pathetic. I had to put in the swing to have my hands free to get Koen's breakfast and he couldn't even stay awake. So sweet. Here is a droopy picture of him from this AM.
I have to say, there is this tiny part of the kids being sick that is special for a Mommy. They are just so snuggly and sweet. Tavin has been such a good sleeper most of his short life that I haven't had much sweet, sleepy time. Today we had an especially sweet time together after his afternoon nap and feeding where he just fell back asleep on my chest (thankfully my cell phone was in reaching distance, so I got some precious shots of his face). I loved it.
He's currently sound asleep upstairs. I pray he gets a long night's rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment