Friday, June 4, 2010

Tavin Asleep

I'm not one to mess with my kids sleeping, but Tavin had to be woken up from an almost 3 hour morning nap today, so after discovering he was still really sleeping hard, I ran out to grab my camera and catch him in this sweet sleep position. Koen unfortunately followed me in the second time and does not have the gift of being super quiet. Plus, he thinks it is always his job to get the room ready for wake-up (turn off AC, humidifier, start saying, "good morning, Tavin, it's time to wake up"). So, right after this picture was taken carefully with no flash, Koen's entrance and busy routine totally woke Tavin up abruptly and caused him to scream for help.
I discovered after the long nap that Tavin is definitely sick now, no longer just dealing with a sad cough. He's developed a runny nose and just was not feeling good during his waketime. Thankfully he ate great, including some oatmeal cereal (which was the first time we've done it at lunch in over a week due to a dip in his appetite with the cough). He was awake for less than 2 hours and fell asleep on my shoulder while I was putting Tavin down for a nap. It's interesting how you totally learn your child's cues and needs so quickly. I knew he just needed to sleep, he's already been napping almost 2 hours. I'm so glad he can at least sleep OK at this point in the sickness, hopefully it stays that way as that will be the best thing for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment