Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's My Birthday!

It's been a fun day so far with my sweet boys.

Tavin did me a favor and slept in until 7:30am and didn't scream right away, yay! Maybe he is finally getting back to normal!

Tavin and I got Koen up this morning around 8:30am and Koen was still really sleepy and cuddly, so we took some sweet birthday morning pictures. I love my boys! This picture is hilarious. It looks like Tavin is waving.
So, since it was my birthday and one of my favorite things to do is be outside and in the water, I told Koen we were going to the pool at the gym. He was so excited! I was a little nervous that this could be the worst decision ever trying to balance two boys in the water with kids splashing all around, not to mention at lunchtime and right before naptime. But, thankfully, it went beautifully! We had a great time. I put Koen in his lifejacket so that I wouldn't have to be as responsible for holding him up. I gave him a noodle to start so that he could try out balancing on his tummy in the water, practice kicking and practice paddling. After we had been there for only 10 minutes, he was swimming around in his lifejacket with no noodle. I was amazed! I was a born fish, maybe he is too? I'm so excited! Tavin spent most of the time on my shoulder, but we did try a floaty boat for him, but he is still so small and he was still a little upset with the whole pool thing. He did get used to having the lower half of his body in the water and then after I held him for awhile, he was happy to just sit in the stroller watching us from the side of the pool. It was cute, he was so smiley down at Koen and I in the pool.
Speaking of a smiley Tavin... I thought he looked cute in this adult looking outfit, so I snapped a few pictures. I couldn't get him to stop smiling! Little did I know he had a big job spilling out the back of his pants. I guess the joke was on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment