Saturday, June 5, 2010

Playing with the Boys

So, we've been trapped at the house and indoors quite a bit of the time yesterday and today. Doug had our car for a wedding he did yesterday and then to preach up at Wexford today and the weather has been ominous and discouraging for walks. We made the most of the stormy day today and played a lot on the front porch, on the first floor (Koen requested that we sweep) and even got a break in the rain to play outside before nap. By the end of the kids' days (post-naptime), a crazy storm had passed through and it was still raining, so we played in the playroom until dinnertime. I was finding myself bored and could tell Koen was too, so I came up with a great plan...let's build a tunnel! I took a picture of my creation for the blog.
Who said a Mommy can't have fun with legos anymore? Koen enjoyed fitting all his vehicles through it. Tavin even seemed impressed (well, probably not really, but his facial expression looks like he wishes he could play with it).
The video below is of Koen entertaining himself in the playroom and Tavin looking on. Koen has such a great imagination and I just love listening to him!


Tavin had a lot to say later on during playtime. He was making his funny new noise and talking to Koen and I. Koen was fascinated by watching Tavin through my camera which are what all his comments are about during the video. Sorry it is sideways, I didn't even think of it when I was taping.

No comments:

Post a Comment