Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Koen & Tavin's First Bath Together


So tonight I was here by myself to put the boys to bed and decided it would be fun to try them in the bath together. I used the bumbo to keep Tavin stationary and upright and Koen was very careful and sweet to Tavin (although the decibel level of that boy in the bathtub is incredible). Poor Tavin was a little weirded out by the experience I think, just sensory overload right before bed, but he was a trooper (as he always is, I think that will become a nickname for him if he keeps it up). He almost smiled at Koen once. =)

Koen loves Tavin so much. I love seeing it. In the first picture, both of their faces are at a similar angle and I feel like you can see in their faces already how much they look alike. My boys are so cute, I love it!
I should mention that we had a very good day today. I'm exhausted physically tonight more than I have been in awhile. Tavin woke up early today, so in order to keep him from eating earlier than normal, I took him on a walk for an hour almost. It was still pretty cool out, although very humid. During Tavin's nap, Koen and I played in the backyard for over an hour including weeding and folding laundry (I love productivity!). Then after Tavin woke up and ate we went to the Waterfront to run errands and I wore Tavin in the babyBjorn so that he would enjoy it more. Finally, after their naps tonight I walked them in the double-stroller to Whole Foods to get some groceries and then almost ran/pushed the stroller back up the Friendship Ave. hill to beat the ominous storm clouds home. I checked weather.com twice and there was nothing on the radar when I left, so I was a little scared we would get stuck in the surprise, impending storm. Thankfully it started about 20 mins. after we got back. Phew!

Koen was very cooperative today, which was so encouraging. Lately we've been really seeing the toddler testing out of him and today he just didn't seem to have interest in being disobedient on purpose. He also held it together so well today, because another recent struggle has been unbelievable amounts of whining. There was almost none today. Amazing! It totally makes me try and analyze what was different about today, but I'm not sure that had much to do with it. Hopefully it does have a little to do with my efforts in not giving in and being consistent when he disobeys or whines with consequences, etc. But we'll see. I think we are in this for the long haul and today was just a much needed encouragement and break the Lord knew I would need!

No comments:

Post a Comment