Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Tree Decorating 2014

I posted about getting the tree on Friday night, well, Saturday afternoon, I got to decorate the tree with Koen and Tav.  Doug was preaching this weekend, so it proved to be a festive and fun activity for the boys and I to do during the afternoon downtime while Penn napped.  I LOVE Christmas and all that comes with it and decorating the tree is one of my favorites.  The boys were great at following directions and just enjoying putting on the ornaments (and they didn't seem to notice my subtle re-arrangements of the majority of their ornament placements...phew!).  I even put "White Christmas" on in the background for us to enjoy/listen to during the decorating (this also helped keep them chilled out since I like to take my time with the task of decorating the tree).  I only got a few pictures of our time decorating because I was overseeing it, but also because our tree is CRAZY pitchy!!  The amount of sap on this thing is incredible.  We were so sticky all afternoon!  It eventually turned the boys off from the task entirely and I finished on my own.  Here are the few pics I did get of my sweet helper, Tav.  Sorry I didn't get any of you, Koen, you did a great job as well.  I loved sharing this fun once-a-year tradition with each of you.

I also got the boys' stockings hung.  We don't have a real mantle, so I hang them on our front stairs.  I had a little fun making them a little more festive this year with some berries (since I had them, why not?).
Not sure what I'm going to do about needing a 4th matching stocking.  I doubt Target still sells these and if they do this year, will they next year?  I still don't know the name of Baby #4, so can't pick it up this year!  

Well, a lame amount of pictures for a fun afternoon of Christmas preparations.  Hopefully we'll get the tree in its fine, finished form on the blog soon.  It's lovely (except for all the sap!).

No comments:

Post a Comment