Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Another Christmas Fun Thing

So, a day late, we started another fun "in the expectancy of Christmas" thing.  A few years ago I heard about this idea from a good friend of mine.  She wrapped 25 Christmas books, some they owned and some from the library, and then every night leading up to Christmas her kids got to open one for their reading time before bed.  I did it last year and the boys really liked it, so we are doing it again (helps that I hid our books in the basement all year, so they all feel really fresh and new since we haven't read them all year!).  Koen wanted to be photographer since Tav got to open the first book.
This was after the book (which the reading of was actually really sweet with all 3) when Tav was being "too silly" for the photo, so Koen was being all mean while he tried to "focus" on Penn and I, which as it turns out means a super, super close-up on my fading, I'm-losing-my-patience smile.  Oh, Koen!
Can you tell I love making the most of Christmas?!  Here's to 23 more days of making the most of this fun, meaningful season!

No comments:

Post a Comment