Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Back to the New Norm

So I set my expectations a little high on getting back from our trip and feeling like the kitchen project was pretty much done.  There's still a lot of junk in our dining room and the contractor has been here so far this week both days working like crazy to get all the finishing touches done.  Then we have to wait until Friday for the countertops, then Monday the sink and dishwasher can get re-hooked up.  So, we are close, but not quite there.

That's why I say "back to the new norm."  We are on our 7th week of this project, so I guess in a way it's oddly (and unfortunately) starting to feel normal.  Anyways, we headed back into this same crazy, new way of life with the inefficiency and frustrations a kitchen renovation brings (especially when you are pregnant and have 3 rambunctious boys!).  Here are a few pics from our first few days back...

Penn was a trooper and ran some errands with me on Monday morning after dropping Tav off at preschool.  I had a bunch of transactions to do at the bank.  My sweet, patient little buddy just made a comfortable place for himself at my feet under the teller counter.  How precious!

After errands, we returned home briefly and then Doug hung out with Penn (library visit) while I had a routine doctor appointment for me and baby (everything's A-OK, thank the Lord! - 30 weeks!).  Then we all headed to pick up Tav from preschool.  I got this picture of Tav from "creative movement" that morning.  Looks like they were prancing reindeer!  And can't you tell he loves preschool?!
After preschool, we headed to lunch out.  The kitchen stuff is at a quick pace now, and it's just easier to stay out of the way during the day so they can get lots done while they are there.  So, off to lunch with the little guys again.  Tav and Penn were a blast to be with (as usual) and we had a quick, yummy and satisfying lunch together.
Doug dropped us off at home and then headed to get some work done.  Penn went to nap and Tav had his quiet time, etc.  Later, Koen got home from school and as I went through his homework, I read this gem.  The story they were reading was The Nutrcracker and the Prince is the character Koen is comparing to himself.  The "Both" column is my favorite.  HILARIOUS.  Apparently, no self-esteem problems (and maybe we should work on the fact he likes war?!).
Today was a lot of catching up around the house, then out for errands (and lunch again just me and the little guys) and then a multi-tasking afternoon during nap/rest time.  Tonight we had a fun visit from Dr. Megan and Baby Marshall at dinnertime.  Megan joined us for one of my super easy "cook in the dining room" meals for the boys and I, quesadillas.  Here are all 4 boys playing after dinner.  Such a cute, crazy crew.  Marshall seems to fit right in with his Melder friends!
So that's just a glimpse of us back at home during our thing.  I'm holding off on a real Kitchen Project update until it's done, so stay tuned.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment