Monday, October 21, 2013

Tavin Pretends to Read

Tavin has been really eager to learn his letters, both capital and little letters as of late.  He's also been obviously working on his letter sounds (we get lots of opportunities for this since we work on his words all the time).  He loves books about the alphabet and he loves to review flashcards, etc. that help him practice all of these new and interesting skills.  I'm sure watching Koen progress in his reading skills has a lot to do with it and the speech therapy as well.  Well, I'm enjoying it a lot as I love to see his mind open up to new things and it is a pleasure to see him grasping new concepts.  Age 3 is so exciting!  With all of that in mind, Tavin has been seeing Koen start reading books to him now.  So of course, Tavin wants to pretend he can read too.  He memorizes his favorite books as I read them to him and then he tells me that he wants to read them to me instead of vice versa.  Today I finally remembered to grab the camera to take a video.  It's so precious and endearing.  Enjoy, "Everthing Goes...Henry in a Jam."

No comments:

Post a Comment