Friday, October 25, 2013

Geared Up for Storytime

Ok, it's officially feeling like Fall.  It is cold!  I need to build up my tolerance.  At this point in the season I am quite a wimp!  It's also time to get out the real gear and take the cold temps (in the 30's this morning) seriously.  I really wanted to get the boys out of the house for a little while this morning since it was going to be sunny.  I forgot how long it takes to get all the gear on and everything.  I should've started 10 minutes earlier!  Here are the boys in their puffy coats, fleece hats and mittens.  Tav's in fleece-lined pants and Penn is just a fleece explosion with his fuzzy pj's still on and a fleece blanket over top.  Yep, no joke.  We are geared up!
So, for what reason did we brave the cold (besides the fact I love a walk and some fresh air)?  Storytime of course!!  Tavin is such a good little "student."  He takes it all in, participates with hand motions and songs and even tries to answer questions.  
Penn wasn't really quite as cooperative.  He viewed Storytime more as "free expression time."  He crawled around the outskirts of the group being quite curious.  Here he is trying to mount the elephant riding toy.  Oh, silly Penn!
It was a nice short outing and totally worth all the gear.  We have to get used to it one or another anyways. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment