Thursday, October 17, 2013

Spontaneous Lunch Date

After our baby meet and greet with Maelen, Penn and I headed back into the city to pick up Tav and get home for lunch.  Just as we were to go in and get him Doug called requesting a pickup which would allow him to take the car for the rainy afternoon (he had meetings on the other side of the city and then bus pickup duty for Koen).  Anyways, we were fine with that except it meant we all needed lunch.  Douglas had the bright idea of going out for lunch with the little guys.  Perfect!!  We ended up at The Porch in Oakland.  They have outdoor seating that is covered, with heaters and we got seated right next to the outdoor fireplace.  It was sublime.  I got my fresh air, a yummy meal I didn't have to prepare and hung out with 3 out of my 4 favorite guys.  You can see I'm happy.
On our way back to the car, Doug found a fun tree to show Tavin.  Can you see him?
Well, I should really give spontaneity a try more often.  That instance worked out great!  Douglas, thanks for always making time for us and making little moments matter.  Loved having lunch with you and the little guys today.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment