Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Well Check-Ups for Tavin & Penn

I can't believe I have so many kids that we can do several doctor appointments into one visit!  Today was Tavin's belated 3 year appointment and Penn's belated 6 month appointment.  Penn weighed in at 15 lbs. and 14 oz. (15th percentile) and was 28 and 1/4 inches (95th percentile) tall.  Just for fun of course.  Koen was 17 lbs. (45th percentile) and was 26 and 1/2 inches (50th percentile)...sounds like a lot chunkier than Penn!!  And Tavin was 14 lbs. and 13 oz. (10th percentile, keep in mind this was right after his bout with pneumonia and his weight was down) and he was 26 and 3/4 inches long.  Here's Penn Rye, Mr. Long and Lean.


Penn checked out great.  Even though he has a cold his ears and chest were clear.  That was a relief to me as he is still coughing quite a bit (not to mention at 6 months Tav was hospitalized for pneumonia, so I am constantly praying Penn through this cold hoping it doesn't turn into a similar experience).  Tavin also checked out great.  Here's my middle child sweetie being a good sport giving me a toothy grin for his appointment picture.
Tav was 38 inches tall (55th percentile) and 32 lbs. and 4 oz. (55th percentile).  And yet again, the comparison...Koen was 38 inches (at that time I have that that was 75th percentile, I think the whole percentile system is messed up) and he was 32 lbs. and 6 oz. (45th percentile at that time).  Now, please note that I do not compare for purposes of placing the boys in competition.  I just think it's a good frame of reference as I reflect on their stages of growth, etc.  I did a little predictor calculator online and it says that Tav will be 5 ft., 11 in. at age 18.  I put Koen's height and weight in from his 5 year appointment and it says 5 ft., 11 in. too.  What's funny though is I did it for Koen at age 2 and back then it said he would be 6 ft., 2 in.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see!  Either way, I believe all the boys will be towering over their short mother (5 ft., 4 in.).

After a good visit with the doctor, I'm so thankful for my healthy, happy boys.  (Well, Penn was not exactly happy about his 4 vaccines, but before that he was).

No comments:

Post a Comment