Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Night with My Boys

Sundays are always a long day.  I don't know if it's that Doug works a 12 hour+ day on Sundays and so I always think of it as longer or what.  My days are really actually always the same.  I'm "on duty" from when I get Penn up at 7:40am until I have all 3 boys laid down around 7:30pm.  Somehow though, Sundays always seem a little harder.  After my thoughtful post last night though, I felt refreshed and challenged to enter today with a positive attitude.  Hoping for the best and praying for patience to endure whatever might come my way.  Turns out today wasn't the easiest with Koen, but we made it through OK with some definite great moments (and just as many really frustrating ones).  Tonight went quite well though.  I got the boys out in the backyard around 5:15pm and they stayed there happily (and without breaking too many rules) until 6pm when dinner was ready.  Look at the little heffalumps.  I love seeing them all bundled up poking around out there.  I wish I got a picture of them making snow angels.  It was so cute.  Tavin will do anything his brother tells him to, I think he had no idea what he was doing waving his arms and legs on the snow, but brother was doing it, so...why not?  I did get a few pics of them amidst their snowball making.

Bet you are wondering what happened next...well, thankfully they missed each other.
After the boys came inside for dinner, Penn was playing in the exersaucer and he was just too cute to resist with the camera.  Tav had put his elephant, Zim, in the exersaucer, so I let Penn play with him.  It looks like he's saying, "hey, what's this?"
I think the two bottom teeth just make this face irresistible.  I'm in no rush to see this phase go.  I love this smile!

Penn eventually got a little tired of entertaining himself, so I got my hands on him.  I snapped a few pictures because he was doing his head nuzzling that is so precious and I know won't last forever even though I wish it would.  Gotta capture it while I can!

Look how he squishes his face against mine.  Oh melt me!

Someone's ready for bedtime (I'm talking about Penn).  
Picture time was over.  Time for the bedtime routine...intense hour of running up and down the stairs getting the guys all laid down, but by 7:40pm the house was quiet and I felt very satisfied with our day.  Thank you, Lord, for the strength for another Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I know why Sundays (and Saturdays to an extent) feel harder. It's because I expect them to be a day of rest...a day to recoup...a day to enjoy life and not have a to-do list. But...with little people, there is no day of rest simply because its Sunday. I "expect" Mon-Fri to be work (and they are), but I also expect Sat-Sun to be a break....and they just aren't. I'm starting to do a little better with this, but I still think its hard!

    ReplyDelete