Monday, January 21, 2013

MLK Day

We haven't really celebrated the holiday except enjoyed the day off (and watched a little inauguration footage).  Nana and Danny left this morning around 10am.  Penn got another photo opp with Nana before she had to go.
A few minutes after Nana and Danny left, Doug left with Koen for some errands and a project at Doug's office.  That left me with Captain Underpants.  We had fun just hanging out at home.  We watched some Thomas, read books, did puzzles, played, had a great lunch, etc.  Here's my happy, funny, Captain Underpants!

Koen had a nice morning with Doug too.  After Target and Whole Foods, they ate their packed lunch at North Way Oakland.  Koen got to watch a movie for part of the time (note his new short haircut!).
But he also got in on the action and helped Doug get organized.  I am hoping this is at the beginning of the process as it looks like there is still a lot of organizing to be done!
When Koen got home (around 2:45pm) he told me that he was organizing with Daddy, which he learned from me.  Ha!  =)  Well, that's about it for our MLK Day.  Doug's out tonight, so it's just me and the boys on a blustery, freezing evening, so I'm sure it'll be loud, rowdy and a little chaotic after naptime, but I'm sure there will be the high points that always keep me going.  And after a nice weekend and a relaxing morning/midday while Doug had Super K out, I think I'm ready for it.  Happy MLK Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment