Saturday, January 12, 2013

Beautiful "Winter?" Saturday!

Days like today are why I love living in the Burgh.  It's only January, but already we have a lovely 60 degree day to give us a little breather from the snow and the cold.  We, of course, took complete advantage of this awesome weather and our theme for today was...get out, get out, get out!  We did have a slow morning, but by 10am, Doug, Koen & Tavin were off in the van with the bikes on the back headed to the Heritage Trail.  They parked at Millvale and biked downtown and back with lots of detours to "off-road" over the snow and mud.  Here's a picture Doug sent me during one of their pit stops.  The boys are enjoying the view while sharing their apples.
Penn and I stayed home for his naptime, but then after his rest and feeding we headed out on foot with the stroller to meet up with the big boys.  We walked all the way to the new Franktuary location in Lawrenceville.  It was so mild outside I was invigorated (and therefore walked even faster than usual)!  We all enjoyed sampling the menu and being out together on the gorgeous day.  Here's Penn enjoying the rest of his lunch at the restaurant.
We had a little bit of wait for our food, which gave us plenty of time to snap some pics of our family moment.  Here's Tavin and Doug.  Tav decided to be silly without any prompting and it was hilarious.  What's with the hands?


Koen stayed pretty busy (and quiet thankfully) with a little game on Doug's iPhone, but we did manage to get a photo.
And then after Penn finished eating we had some snuggle time.  I just love this little guy!

After our yummy meal (which the boys ate most of...they were hungry!), we headed out to the van to drive home to make it back for naps.  Doug offered that I could walk home and meet them all though and I took him up on it.  Oh, how I love to get fresh air and exercise!  I was so thankful to get to take advantage of this mild weather a little more.  Thanks, babe!  I'm so glad we were able to take advantage of this gorgeous day and be outside so much because it won't last long.  Temps drop tomorrow and by Monday we are in the 20's for days.  Brrrrr!!!  Oh well, I'll take what I can get and this was an amazing blessing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment