Saturday, November 24, 2012

On Hold

Well, I got some upsetting blogger news yesterday.  Apparently I've hit my 1GB limit on blogger.  I actually didn't realize there was a limit.  Oops!  Anyways, I'm reviewing my options so that the blog can go on.  In the meantime, I won't be able to load any pictures or videos, so for those of you that read my blog, you know that means that I won't really be posting anything until I figure this out.  Hopefully I'll have it ironed out by early next week (not that any of you are really on the edge of your seats waiting for more Melder updates).  Thanks for your patience!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, this is bizarre! My sister in law and I both got the same alert as you. But I've been blogging for six years and she, one year. Either it's a glitch, which would be terrific, or it's a brand new policy, which stinks. I don't like their options for more storage, so I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking of switching to wordpress. Let me know if you find something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny because Abbie has a blog that she barely uses (although she also stores pics on Picasa) and she already got the message too. Hmmmm... Is blogger/Google pulling a fast one? A friend and I are doing some research, so I will let you know. Do you know what the wordpress rules or limits are? I'll probably explore that too.

      Delete
    2. Hey Val! I had a friend looking into this and he found this link with information on the issue...
      http://support.google.com/picasa/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1224181

      I just tried this out (resizing the pics) for my Thanksgiving post. I did not get the error message and was able to load the post and I think the pictures look just as good as usual. Perhaps this will be the answer to your problem as well. It adds an extra step, but I'm just saving them as smaller versions fast before I post and it wasn't that bad. Then I'll just delete off my computer afterwards and only keep my original-sized pics on my PC.

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
    3. Yet another potential solution, thanks to my friend, Sky, who is researching this! Read this blog post...

      http://nireyor.blogspot.com/2012/07/photo-limit-reached.html

      I haven't looked into yet/tried it, but probably will in the next day or so. I'll let you know if it works. If you try it, let me know if it works for you.

      Delete