Saturday, February 25, 2012

Snowy Day at Home with Gramma

After a high of 60 yesterday (and a sighting of blooming crocuses!), we woke up to blustery winds and snow this morning. Koen (and Doug) were so excited! To start off our wintry day Doug and Koen made their signature Saturday morning. But when Tavin and I came down to join them we were surprised with breakfast in the dining room. Koen had set the table and even helped light the candles (with Daddy's help and oversight). He was so proud of himself. Apparently, this was all his idea. It was so sweet. It was actually one of the most delightful mealtimes we've had as a family in days. Not to mention Gramma is still here and we enjoyed having her a part of our special family breakfast too.Since Doug had to leave for work, I was in charge of getting outdoors with Koen and enjoy the snow. I've gotten so spoiled with this mild winter that I don't have that thick NH conditioned for playtime in the snow. But I was a good sport and suited up with my little snow bug and we enjoyed about an hour outdoors shoveling and making a snowman.Before lunch the boys got to open some little gifts my mom brought.Tav got his very own little broom and dust pan. He was so excited! Super cute.Koen got a new card game called, "Blink." I was so proud of him because he wasn't upset it wasn't a toy or something big. He got right into figuring out how to play. I was so impressed at how quickly he picked it up. It is quite a simple game (although I find it a blast!), but still, we haven't played a lot of games and it is so fun to see him really enjoy it and catch on so quickly.We probably played the game a dozen times or more before the end of the day. Doug got home in time to tuck Koen in tonight, but not before Koen taught him the game and they played a few rounds. Thanks, Gramma. This is going to be a fun new pastime!

No comments:

Post a Comment