Sunday, February 12, 2012

Evening Painting Project

We had a nice day today (nothing super exciting to report, but thankfully an even-tempered day). This evening after naptime I asked Koen if he wanted to do a painting project. He was so excited! Earlier in the week we got a package that had several Styrofoam pieces in it. I decided that could make a fun craft project of some sort, so I saved them. Tonight I had Koen paint them. We have hopes to paint the remaining sides and then once everything is dry we can glue them together into some sort of structure. Notice you can see our last big craft is still on display in the kitchen (not sure what to do with that huge thing!).Koen did a great job keeping himself occupied and focused on the painting job. He did a very thorough and colorful job. Unfortunately, Tav had a complete meltdown/tantrum while Koen was painting. Koen even asked, "Mommy, why won't he stop?" My reply, "yeah, honey, I don't really know. He's tired and he's frustrated about something. This is what two-year-olds do sometimes." Koen was really patient about it. Thankfully, I got him to settle down before dinnertime and we got through the rest of our evening fine. I think poor Tavin was just beat from his cold, a short nap and the late night and sick day yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow he'll feel a lot better!

No comments:

Post a Comment