Friday, February 24, 2012

P is for Perfect Pancakes at Preschool

At Koen's preschool, they do a letter of the week. This week was "P" and Doug and I were scheduled to come in and help make "Perfect Pancakes." I had a doctor's appointment early this morning (for baby of course) and then I walked over to meet Doug and Koen who were already at work with the class. This is after Doug got to play with them at the start of school though. Apparently he built a super tall marble works that they all shared in the construction of and then played with it as a group. Doug is such a charmer! Here he is helping the kids make the batter (they all got to line up and put something in). I had post-it noted all the ingredients so the recipe was obvious.Koen's little classmates are so sweet and adorable. Koen loved us being there and I love how at this age they are still all about getting hugs and kisses and attention from parents even in front of their peers.Here's the cooking station. I put the batter in the skillet and then each child got to choose their topping and put it on if they wanted to. All the kids did a great job (and no one touched the skillet thank goodness!).The yummy pancakes cooking. Most kids opted for chocolate chips, but we also had blueberries and plain with syrup offered.Here's the class setting up for their breakfast snack.And digging in! I was so impressed that no one complained about anything and they all seemed to really enjoy their healthy whole wheat pancakes.Doug and I have already been invited back and I think we might take the teacher up on it. It was a really fun morning and we could tell it meant a lot to Koen to have his parents there.

No comments:

Post a Comment