Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Simple Valentine's Day

Doug started off the day sweetly with making me and the boys a yummy breakfast treat of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. He's such a good man to always have these special days on his mind. I can already tell that Koen is learning these things from him and I love to see it.

After Daddy left after breakfast, Koen wanted to resume his painting project which at this point I have just left set up in the kitchen (poor Doug had to eat his dinner last night amidst paint fumes from what he worked on that night...oops!).To ensure we didn't have another kaniption (sp?) fit from Tavin I psyched him up about using markers and construction paper (I'm not quite ready to let him go at painting in the kitchen!!). He was thrilled with the idea. Especially since I said he could make a Valentine's Day card for his buddy Huxley. Koen had made one for Delia earlier in the week, so this was a good job to get done anyways.The rest of the day was pretty normal. We played, we went to the library, went to Home Depot (I'm about to start a bold painting project...yikes!). But in the evening we had been invited to have dinner with our friends up the street. My friend, Audrey, knew that Doug was out and her husband was also out, so we decided to have a Mommy/kids Valentine's dinner and it was great! She is a fantastic cook and I loved the night off from cooking family dinner myself. The boys loved playing with Xavier's toys (and he is very good at sharing). Here are the Valentine's heart cookie bar cut-outs we brought with us...Well, Happy Belated Valentine's Day. I meant to post this brief post last night, but I've been feeling off the last few days. Might have something to do with the person growing inside me I guess. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment