Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another Sweet Wednesday Morning

Koen went off to nursery school this morning and Tavin started our low key routine. We were expecting a friend after a little while, but we still had time to take it easy. As you can see, Tav is still in his pajamas and he wanted to help me do the dishes (I really can't get away without him helping with the dishes the last few days).He is so serious. Yesterday I taught him how to squeeze the sponge. He's so into it.We had a nice visit with our friends (my friend Corrie and her daughter, Ellie) during which I forgot to take any pictures of adorable Ellie with Tavin. They were really cute together.

After they left around 11:15am, Tavin and I played Play-Doh for quite awhile. Tavin loves rolling it out and cutting out "cookies." I loved the special time to just do an activity for the two of us to enjoy.As we headed back upstairs to play until lunchtime, Tavin found a pair of my sneakers and was so excited to put them on and walk around in them. Super cute.Later after lunch Tav was helping me put clothes from the washer into the dryer. While doing so, he experimented with closing the dryer door and briefly got his little right hand ring finger stuck in the door. It gave him a little scrape that bled. I calmed him down and put a band-aid on. The only thing that cheered him up was telling him that he could show his "sticker" to his brother when he got home. It was sweet to see that even though Koen wasn't there, he was still so important to his relief. Very sweet. Koen was actually quite concerned for his little brother and Tavin got a hug and a kiss from him. Tavin treated his ouchy hand as if it couldn't be used literally for the rest of the day. The band-aid really threw him off. He just held his right hand off to the side and didn't use it much. Really pathetic and sweet. Don't worry, it's not a bad ouchy even, he just didn't know what to do about it. I hope he forgets about it tomorrow so that he can use both hands!

It was a sweet morning with Tavin and we had a nice family evening tonight. I do love my boys so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment