Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Surprise Gift Delivery!

So, yesterday around this same time there was a crash and a loud knock on the door. I'm always a little skittish when that happens, so it was a relief to see the big brown UPS truck out the front windows on my way to the front door. When I opened it I was very surprised to see a huge Radio Flyer box in our entryway. First thought was Doug had impulsed on a present for the boys, but then I remembered Doug mentioning that a friend at church was interning at Radio Flyer this summer. Could it be?

When Doug got home he confirmed it, we had been surprised blessed by Dan with The Ultimate Family Wagon by Radio Flyer! It was so fun to wake up the boys and bring them down to unwrap it (here's the video, kind of slow, but Koen is practically runnning circles he's so excited).


Doug put the wagon together last night after the boys were in bed (and I have to say he called me downstairs just to see all the features - such a kid at heart!). I had the fun of letting them play in it after breakfast this morning in the kitchen, Koen is so into changing the seats around for all their different functions, he is such an engineer! Then we took the wagon outside for its maiden voyage. I have to admit it's a super smooth ride and the boys both loved it! Koen announced to any neighbor he saw that this was our new wagon. Very proud little guy!
Here's the happy boys saying "thank you" to Mr. Dan for the generous gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment