Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Getting Close...

I'm getting so excited about our trip, but today has also been a blast. Koen has been looking forward to his grandparents and Aunt being here so much. He is overjoyed and so preoccupied with them. It's such a fun thing watching your parents reconnect and bond with your kids. Koen was ecstatic to eat breakfast right next to Grampa (giving up his usual place next to Tavin even).
Mom and Dad came up with me to get Tavin up and he was charming from the first moment. It was evident he remembered them and felt comfortable (as made obvious by him showing off right away being funny in his crib - you gotta be there, but it's pretty cute). Tavin is still getting re-used to Aunt Abbie. She is the same age as some of our babysitters, so I think it makes him nervous that I'm about to leave. Here she is winning him over with some early morning tickles during his breakfast.
Even as early as after breakfast Tavin was super at ease with Gramma. He could care less that I was out in the kitchen and laundry room cleaning up. He was as happy and content as could be with Gramma's doting attention.
After such a rough day yesterday I really wanted to spend some quality one-on-one time with Koen. So, I planned a simple little date for us. We left Tavin with the grandparents and headed to Target for my last minute trip shopping and then for some swimming and chilling at the gym pool. Koen repeated several times, "isn't this so nice Mommy to be out just the two of us, it's just me and you." It felt good to me too. I was so thankful for our little make-up date. Here's a hilarious picture of Koen snacking on some apple slices keeping warm in the sun under some towels. He has his swimmie arms on, so he looks like he's hiding body-builder muscles under there.
Well, gotta get back to being productive. Only a few hours left to get everything done and get some shut eye before we take off tomorrow. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment